Dr. Abdelrahman Al Omary
Psychotherapists in the private sector
Practitioner of psychological evaluation and treatment at Mental Health Hospital for more than 30 years
Psychology Specialist at Al-Amal Complex for Mental Health – Department of Mental Health – in outpatient clinics, admission departments, and medical committees within the treatment team, and licensed by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties
worked at Dr. Sulaiman Al-Habib Hospital in Al-Rayyan from 1/1/1440 – 3/4/1441 AH
• Psychological evaluation of patients through clinical interviews and psychological tests.
• The participation of the treatment team in diagnosing mental disorders.
• Establishing appropriate treatment programs for each case.
Providing psychological treatment for mental patients.
• Providing treatment and counseling to prisoners.
• Writing psychological reports.
Training and academic posts:
• Former collaborating faculty member at Imam Muhammad bin Saud University, Department of Psychology.
• Preparing and giving lectures for male and female students trained in clinical interviews and psychology Patients, and psychotherapy.
• Holding workshops on psychological measures for the trained psychologists in the complex.
• Supervising the training of students of the Department of Psychology for bachelors and masters from Saudi Arabia universities in the clinical field.
• A quick reference book in cognitive psychology. Publisher, Ministry of Health, 2014
• Behavioral assessment book and case formulation – in progress.
The counselor deals with treating psychological and mental illnesses for adults (obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety disorders (general anxiety, panic attacks, social anxiety, fears), mood disorders, psychological trauma, marriage counseling/relationship problems, and eating disorders